A quick dinner, healthy and tasty dinner option. Quinoa Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms is a perfect ending to a long and crazy day.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked as per package instructions
- 4 portobello mushroom washed and removed the stem. Stem may be chopped and cooked for the stuffing.
- 1/4 pound fresh shiitake mushroom. Washed and chopped to be cooked for the stuffing.
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1 cup of green onion ( separate the white and green part)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 sweet pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup of spinach, minced
- 1/2 cup of flax seeds
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional, skip this part for the detox week 1 menu)
- Organic coconut oil spray or any nontstick oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- While cooking the quinoa, sauté garlic, onion, green onion (white part only) and pepper with ¼ cup of water. Cook until onions become transparent and water has dried out. You will need to add little bit of water during cooking process to avoid the vegetables from sticking and burning. Add the chopped shiitake and the portobello stems and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add chia seeds and quinoa, to the vegetable mix and stir. Add parsey, reamining green onion ( green part) and spinach.
- Once the quinoa and the vegetable mix have cooled down, add the parmesan cheese ( vegan can skip this part or use 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast) and stir thoroughly.
- Spoon the filling mixture into the mushrooms caps . Top with extra parsley, green onion ( gren part).
- Bake for 30-45 minutes in the oven